Jul 23, 2009

Cleaning my Disgusting Refrigerator, the natural way

OK, being a chef at home has many perks for my husband and my dogs... and my friends.. ha ha but one of the not good things is that my fridge is a mess. I hate to clean and after hours of cooking the last thing I want to do is clean the fridge. My husband is fairly lazy about cleaning things himself and he seems to think the kitchen is my domain so he is afraid to throw anything away. This leads to many things lurking in the corners of our fridge for a long time and then the other stuff that drips, sticks and floats around in there after time... well you get the idea, it's not pretty. Not pretty at all.
I've been procrastinating cleaning it, or I should say WE have been but a recent email from the Gorgeously Green guru with a recipe for a natural fridge cleaner motivated me (and if you sign up on her page you get a weekly recipe too!) . I just happened to have the ingredients in my home, but they are surely not hard to find for most people. What i found interesting was that the oils together smelled very similar to pinesol! It was so funny to me, but not as strong smelling and the smell does not linger after you done cleaning.
The other thing is that after 3 hours of cleaning the fridge with this stuff, my husband doesn't recognize our fridge. He said "it's bright and I can't find anything" because so much stuff got tossed, recycled, etc... our fridge is now user friendly to outside world. So I can say with great confidence that this stuff rocks and you should try it. I think they included the tea tree because of the antiseptic properties and I am not sure why the grapefruit is there except on a hunch that it also has them. Either way, try it out, I think you will be very pleased as I was.

FRIDGE CLEANER
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp baking soda
10 drops tea tree oil

In a large 4-cup measuring jug, combine all ingredients. Simply dip a rag into the fridge cleaner, wring it out and get to work wiping out all those nooks and crannies.

*You will be able to find these essential oils at most health food stores, or you can order excellent oils from http://m1e.net/c?87069779-RmUPGNYGCCJfw%404289599-6IVX3PuBIhvhE

No comments:

Post a Comment