Apr 30, 2008

Random Ramblings

Well I haven't much interesting to talk about lately. That's why I haven't posted. I am going through a "burnout" phase right now, it was to be expected. Sometimes I get so full of ideas I just keep churning projects out left and right. Now I've gotten to the point where I am dwindling on the last few items on my to-do list of craft projects and though I keep buying more supplies because I have even MORE ideas, I am slightly burnt out from all the work I've been doing for the past couple months. Not to mention this slow economy= slow sales and that's not very motivating for me. The aprons aren't selling as fast as I thought they would. I've sold some but not as many as I thought I would.

Maybe it's the price, I thought they would make great gifts. I don't know, I guess it could pick up cause I do have lot of people who ♥ the store. I've also been working in the garden lately. Got my raspberries fed, blueberries, kiwi vines, and rhubarb is coming up! The garlic is coming up and I've got some tomatoes, peppers and eggplant in water cloches outside already.

The temps have been cool for this time of year and I hope it warms up soon. My friend from MyEmmaGrace on etsy is making and commercially selling her salsa in the near future. I've volunteered to grow her some tomatilloes for the salsa. I am ALL organic too, so they will be tasty. I've never grown them but I've read that they are a good producer and fairly easy to grow. I hope they do well! I tried some of Kath's salsa and it's really good. I wonder if she could sell it on etsy? I know she went through the FDA and all that already so she's good to go.

I am going to a new bellydance class tonight. I am a little nervous about it since I haven't practiced much in the last couple years. I used to go to another class with a different group of people but I got stuck in the middle of some girls that were a little intimidated by me or my enthusiasm(I think?) and I shied away REALLY fast after that came to light. So I stopped going, and I flaked out on troupe practice and stopped performing.
This is a new class and while i really LOVED to bellydance before I can't decide if I will be having as much fun or not because of the new people in the class and how they will be. Also just not sure about the teacher, she's about my age and that alone can make things complicated for some. I don't care as long as she's a good teacher and I have fun. It's not till 7:45pm tonight and I am done with work at 3:30om so I will be hanging around town till then. I don't think I should go home since it's a 20 min drive and the gas prices being so high, it seems like a waste. But I don't know what to do with my extra time! It's not like I have anywhere to go or money to spend. This is always cramping my urges to take classes because driving in and out of town all the time is too expensive and time consuming. Not to mention it feels wasteful.

Anyway- that's my blabbing for now. I will post another soon. I've been working on something for a friend and I want to show it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment