Dec 27, 2007

Holiday Treat for my Dogs

I have 3 very cute, full of trouble, dogs at home. I love them like my children and they act like children! ha ha. But on the holidays I like to cook them something special so they can have something nice to eat as well. Sometimes I bake treats or roast beets (they LOVE beets!) and sometimes I pull out one of the fancier recipes I have for dogs. This Christmas I made this for my dogs (and they shared with the neighbor dogs as always!) and I got this recipe from the Three Dog Bakery. It's healthy for them, but a special treat as well. 
 
Slobber Gobbler Loaf
2 lbs lean ground turkey (organic if you can find it)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
2 cloves minced garlic
6 oz. tomato paste
2 tbls parsley flakes

Mix all ingredients except tomato paste in a large bowl. Mash into a large loaf pan and spread tomato paste on top. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, or until cooked through. Serve warm., makes 6 great dane sized slices.
 
My dogs LOVED this and one of them kept looking backwards to see if he was in trouble for eating it even though it was in his bowl! it was so funny.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment