Dec 21, 2007

Peppermint Bark- Good last minute gift for the neighbors

 







  I've made this recipe a couple times during the holidays starting a few years ago. I was making gifts for the neighbors and coworkers that included things like homemade dog treats, ornaments, homemade jam, etc... and I wanted to include something sweet. After seeing the price of peppermint bark at Williams Sonoma I knew I couldn't afford to buy it for everyone but I really liked the sound of it. So I looked for a recipe and I found this one by Paula Deen on Food Network. 
  It was very easy to make and I still requests for it. I just break it into chunks, put into cellophane bags(available at craft store like Michaels) or paper bags and tie with a bow. 
 
Peppermint Bark Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
  • Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup
  • 2 pounds white chocolate
  • Peppermint flavorings, optional
Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate (add peppermint flavoring at this point if desired.) Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment